30 August 2009

Food Galore, Slurps!

Taking a break from my Japan entries ! Wanna share  about some food that I’ve been having here in Singapore!!!

1. Watami, IonOrchard

DSC04040 Fresh grilled scallop, only $4.80!!! was good but I wish it was BIGGER hahaha

Idori Sushi Grandeur! $10… I am in love with this scallop sushi! so FRESH and Big enough to satisfy my desire…The other two type of sushi were Thumbs Up for me as well! Highly recommended!

DSC04043 DSC04044

Kimchi nabe, this is pretty normal, but I like how thin the pork slices are, easy to cook and tasted like those I had in Japan, it has a sweet taste to it!

DSC04045 Wafu pizza, this is YUM!!! crispy, at first glance, there may not be a lot of chicken on the pizza but after tasted it, you won’t realise the lack of meat in it. Very enjoyable, I thnk I had half of it! Highly Recommended as well!

DSC04046 For desserts, we tried Matcha Azuki Crepe, I love it too!!! Love the skin, love the ice cream and the azuki (red bean) and the cream, EVERYTHING LAH!

Thats all we had in Watami. I wanna try the rest of the dishes, will return soon! The wait was 30minutes but I think its worthwhile as all the food tasted great and they are reasonably priced!! Do give it a try if you happen to be in Ion Orchard.

2. Leong Kee Bak Kut Teh

Finally found BKT in Singapore which is not Pepperish and its similar to those sold in Klang, Malaysia!

DSC04052

located at 321 Beach Road

DSC04049

Stew Pig Trotter, YUM! the meat is so soft and didn’t taste too oily!

Hot piping BKT Soup!!! generous portions for two persons.

I can foresee me having this once in a month at least but I still wanna try out the rest! This was YUM!

3. Japanese Buffet at Minori, UE Square

Had cravings for sashimi one of the days and we went to this Japanese buffet at UE Square.

All the items are tasting portions so you have to keep ordering if you want more.

DSC04027 Ambience at the restaurant, not bad.

DSC04026

sashimi available, not too much but for the price we paid, I think its adequate.

DSC04022

Mixed Sashimi platter, the sashimi was sliced to almost a cube size, for me I think its not Shiok enough! I remembered the salmon tasted the best amongst the rest, which tasted alright only.

DSC04023

Grilled pork, tasted hard. Salted salmon was alright.

DSC04024

Tempura was not bad, not too oily and crispy.

We paid about $37 per person, which is not too bad. Anyone has better suggestions for Japanese buffet with this budget?

All pictures are taken with my sony ericsson phone, so please mind the quality!

Time for exercise after all these FOOD!

Tomorrow will go for Salsa trial class…….should be fun!!!

Monday Blues GO AWAY………..

 

3 comments:

Simon Seow said...

Must bring me to Watami if I come to Singapore.

Kristin said...

Wah the scallop looks delicious.

Sheryl0202 said...

Simon: definitely! Let me know ya...


Kristin: Thanks for visiting, yes it was yummy! you should try it too at Ion Orchard. Love that mall!