17 May 2009

Asian Civilisation Museum Singapore- Kangxi Emperor Exhibition

Went to ACM last weekend for this special exhibition.

The Kangxi Emperor is considered one of the most successful emperor in the China history.

Photobucket

The whole place is full of Kangxi's posters..

Entrance costs S$8 per person, if you have American Express card, entrance would be one for one! S$8 is very well spent indeed for a lazy afternoon. If you are interested in China history, this is an exhibition that you can't missed~!

Photobucket

Did you know that Dragon is made up of bodyparts of these animals?

ACM,singapore,museum
Civilisation of Asia countries are defined by these little things..

Photobucket
Guan Gong

Photobucket
CC, Penny and I in the tea room

Photobucket
the girls in the tea room

Photobucket
Before stepping into the Kangxi Gallery..

No photos are allowed in the Kangxi Gallery...but...for the benefits of my friends reading this blog, I secretly took some photos! ENJOY!

Photobucket
Kangxi's armour, his potraits and his clothing (from L to R)

Photobucket
Some tools Kangxi used for astrological purposes. He was very interested in Western cultures.Kangxi was also the first Chinese Emperor to have played a western instrument, the piano. Surprised?

I would recommend everyone to pay ACM a visit and catch this special exhibition before it ends. Do check out timing of their free guided tours before going. We missed that. Who knows I might go again?


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our lives, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about every once in a while.

(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.leetboss.com/video-games/r4i-r4-sdhc-nintendo-ds]R4i[/url] RPost)