13 May 2010

HCMC – Mekong River Tour

Mekong River Tour can be purchased from any travel agent in HCMC.

We only paid USD9 per person for the tour starting from 0800-1700, so cheap right..

The weather was really HOT on the day of our tour, however, I would still recommend you peeps to join the tour as it was truly quite an experience that we city kids won’t have a chance to enjoy!

IMG_4287

Our first stop – Souvenir shop with handicrafts made by the Disabled

IMG_4285

Actually the handicrafts are really nice! Too bad I don’t have a house of my own yet..so I didn’t get any

IMG_4288

Got bored after a while in the shop, testing effects of my camera

IMG_4299

First boat that we took!

IMG_4303

Check out the fisherman’s boats painted with an eye, our tour guide told us this serves as a purpose to scare the crocodiles off

IMG_4306

Villagers’ house along the river

IMG_4309

Other boat passing by…

IMG_4313

Going further into the unknown….

IMG_4316

picture time!

IMG_4322

Soon enough, we arrived at the coconut production factory!

Our tour guide explaining the process to produce coconut candy

IMG_4331

The end product, I think Malaysia also has so I didn’t buy any, plus I am not a fan of sweets!

IMG_4333

Another activity: You can choose to take picture with Python….GELI! I refused to do that..

IMG_4336

They also do bee keeping there for its honey

IMG_4340

Me and the Indonesian Tycoon wannabe! :p

IMG_4345

Finally on our way to lunch!

IMG_4352

Very basic lunch provided but I was hungry so don’t care already!

IMG_4351

Then our tour guide recommended us to order Elephant Fish, priced at RM30+ I think.

IMG_4354

Presenting to you: THE ELEPHANT FISH!

IMG_4361

The fish is then wrapped in the paper roll

Check out the video above, pretty Vietnamese girl wrapping our fish! I really love the fish, so crispy and fresh! YUMMM….

After lunch, we proceeded to our last destination: The tropical fruit farm, it doesn’t sound interesting but the interesting part is we are going by this tiny wooden boat!

IMG_4370

By now I was really EXCITED! How authentic can this tour get?!

IMG_4377

And we get to wear this HAT!

IMG_4380

This Vietnamese lady rowed our Boat, she is so strong!

Artistic shot of the Vietnamese lady

IMG_4401

Fruits offered, all available in Malaysia, haha…

IMG_4403

While enjoying the tropical fruits, we get to listen to Vietnamese folk songs.

After visiting the tropical fruit farm, we went back to the city itself.

If you are visiting HCMC soon and have some time to spare, I would recommend this tour to you.

No comments: